Our Children, Our Families Council is Hiring!
Family Support Navigator (Application deadline: September 29, 2016)
See the full job description and apply at: http://www.jobaps.com/SF/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=PEX&R2=1824&R3=071023
The Family Support Navigator will oversee the Council’s Services Inventory and related outreach efforts. The Services Inventory is a charter-mandated deliverable for the Council to streamline information about public services for all children, youth, and families in San Francisco. It is particularly focused on reaching the City’s most disconnected families that are not currently benefiting from public services.
This position will develop partnerships with key City, School District, and community-based organizations to ensure families in San Francisco understand the services available to them and how to access those services. It will also oversee citywide training of the Services Inventory and provide advice on the development of the inventory. The position will report to the OCOF Co-Director in the Mayor’s Office and supervise the OCOF Council Coordinator. The appointment is permanent exempt.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the operational and long term budget for the services inventory project and perform analysis for budget development and resource planning in consultation with managers and administrative staff.
Partnership Development, Outreach, and Training:
- Develop and manage partnerships with local organizations and individuals conducting outreach to families with children and youth, such as nonprofit organizations, City departments, SFUSD departments and programs to ensure the Services Inventory is comprehensive and inclusive of all publicly funded services.
- Leverage, enhance, and support outreach efforts to families by creating a comprehensive outreach plan to promote the Services Inventory.
- Develop curricula and training materials about how to navigate and access services for various audiences that interact with families. Recruit, plan, and deliver trainings to large and small target groups.
- Identify the various service providers who would benefit from sharing the Services Inventory with their clients.
- Create and manage various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and Google AdWords.
Evaluation Design, Planning, and Analysis:
- Develop and manage a working group, comprised of City, District and community members to conduct ananalysis of all citywide publicly funded services to identify gaps and redundancies.
- Design and manage user feedback and evaluation approach for the Services Inventory, including focus groups and surveys.
- Manage grants received to support Services Inventory and write related grant proposals and reports.
- Including ensuring funding parameters and other requirements specified by grantor are met, monitoring departmental expenditures, and ensuring compliance with standards required by grantor.